Preserve Farm Kitchens The Conscious Co-Packer of Sonoma County, CA
True Farm To Pantry Products!
*A Woman Owned Company*
*Award Winning Products*
Preserve Farm Kitchens focuses on the manufacturing of artisan food in jars (preserves, sauces, condiments, etc.) for small farms, farmers, beginning stage food entrepreneurs throughout Northern California. From day one, our priority has always been farmers. Preserve Farm Kitchens supports these important stewards of the land who utilize practices to get carbon back into the soil; a critical step to fight the climate crisis.
1) We’re a small batch co-packing manufacturer for responsible farmers and brands
2) We offer new product test kitchen services
3) Offerings include: Organic, Responsibly Grown, and Natural Non GMO products
4) Sonoma County, California based company
5) Women-owned and founded
6) Our award winning PFK branded products are available online and select retail stores
7) PFK’s an active supporter of local community food related activities
8) Supports a diverse and inclusive working environment where everyone can grow together
Board of Directors:
- Theo Ferguson CEO and Founder Healing Living Systems, Inc.
- Robert N. Johnson Former VP Sales Kraft Foods
- Krystal Grossmith MBA
- Evan Wiig Director of Communications CAFF
- Kevin Cuffe Entrepreneur
- Craig Hazel B2B CFO
- Merrilee Olson Founder & CEO
- Dulce Noonan General Manager
- Scott Stevenson Sales & Marketing
- Ellen Roggermann Compliance
- Robert N. Johnson
It all began with a simple strawberry...
While at the local farmer’s market one Sunday, Merrilee Olson, our Founder and CEO, went to buy a popular and rare variety of strawberry from Nancy Skall, a legendary Healdsburg farmer. Despite these strawberries being so popular that they sold for twice the price of any others, Merrilee learned that at the end of the day three flats of unsold berries were marked for the compost bin. Shocked that such delicious fruit would go uneaten, Merrilee asked Nancy if she could instead help her turn the berries into jam which she could then sell. That summer, Merrilee created the first batch of jam from the special strawberries.
After some research, Merrilee discovered how common it was for farmers to compost produce they couldn’t sell. Often, this was perfectly delicious produce which went unsold primarily for cosmetic reasons. In the United States, more than 20 percent of the fruits and vegetables we grow never make it off of farms because they aren’t ‘perfect’ enough for grocery stores’ standards, which results in billions of pounds of produce going to waste every year.
And voila — the idea for Preserve Farm Kitchens was born. Merrilee had rediscovered a way to reduce food waste with basic food preservation techniques while helping farmers thrive. Using her culinary skills cultivated over decades in the food industry, Merrilee has helped farmers throughout Northern California to utilize the whole harvest by taking excess or imperfect produce and transforming it into foods people love.
Preserve Farm Kitchens has grown well beyond strawberries: we also work with tomatoes, figs, mandarins, cauliflower, peppers, chiles, apricots, pears, onions, and more. Meanwhile, our product line has grown beyond preserves to also include sauces, condiments, fruit syrups and even Bloody Mary mix.
Our mission is to support small, local farms by utilizing the whole harvest to make gourmet food products. To achieve this, we fill the infrastructure void with right-size processing kitchens, then we partner with small family farms to directly source local ingredients. The result is local, fair-trade, sustainable products that our customers love.